Monday, April 27, 2009

9 More Landmarks Added To Total

Yesterday, I added another 9 Landmarks to my total. I started out at 07.30 and took photo's at Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Worcestershire and Oxfordshire.

That now puts me at 20 completed.
I had brilliant weather almost all the way and no rain, so despite travelling 430 miles, the bike still looks good apart from the odd suicidal fly. Obviously the bike is too quiet with the new silencers as they can't hear me coming.
The photo was taken at South Croxton in Leicestershire and gives some idea of the weather experienced.
I also met some really nice people at Rous Lench in Worcestershire and partook of a mug of tea and a chat with them, they really know how to make people feel welcome. Not so sure about Birmingham though where I witnessed a local lass dropping her kit and taking a dump at the side of the road on the pavement in a built up area with pedestrians passing by. Perhaps that isn't unusual in that part of the world; was a bit surprised though. Oh well better go now, looking forward to the Welsh Rally in 2 weeks and already planning capturing LM's in the area the day before.

No comments: