Thursday, February 19, 2009

Things are moving slowly

I've posted my entries for the British National Parks Ride and the Welsh National Rally today. I've also bought a new modular or flip type helmet. This time it's a Nolan N103.
I have several requirements of a helmet these days for rallying. I prefer a flip type, preferably with an internal dark visor for those sunny days and the lining has to be totally removable so it can get washed each night when camping to get rid of the day's sweat. This helmet is the only one I've found to date that meets all these requirements as well as being comfortable. There are flip helmets out there that cost a good deal more and don't offer anything like as many attributes.
It was also very easy to add my autocom to. I dont use the autocom speakers, but if I did there is plenty of room for them in this helmet. Now to the best bit!!! I paid about £70 less than most prices that I've seen online, this was less that £200.
There's been no progress on the bike other than charging the battery with my optimate as I'm still limited for time due to DIY. On that front I'm making excellent progress and should see the living room finished well before April when the RBR starts.

1 comment:

Boris Karloff said...

Steve where did you get that Nolan N103 for £70 Bargin