Monday, February 23, 2009

Getting Ready


Yes, I finally managed to get out and do some work on the bike over the weekend. Brakes have been serviced, checked and lubricated to prevent siezure of the pistons, levels checked and general lubrication and checking fasteners. I even gave it a wash in readiness for my forthcoming trip to the Ace Cafe this coming Sunday. May even be able to get a bit of polish on the plastic if the weather holds out and I get the time before leaving on Sunday.

As you can see in the picture in one of my posts below of my bike covered in snow. It lives outside as I don't have a garage, but I have a really good cover that helps to prevent the major problems of parking a bike outdoors. Actually I've had the cover since 2003 and it's still perfectly serviceable so I can highly recommend it. It is a heavy duty cover from Motrax and if memory serves me correctly cost was about £35. When you consider that I've had nearly 6 years use out of it, that's quite impressive.

No comments: