Monday, May 18, 2009

Catch Up Time

There's been a bit of a delay in me getting this report together due to pressure of work etc. However; here it is!!!
I had a very successful Welsh Rally gaining a Silver award and also a Dragon award.
The weather was changeable during the rally but nothing that was too uncomfortable. The rally was completed in the company of Jim, Mick, Teresa and Hannah who rode as pillion with Jim.
Getting back to the finish at a reasonable time meant that we also has a good choice of grub and I indulged in a curry & chips, really good comfort food when you're tired and hungry. That aside I had a great although windy ride on the day before the rally bagging all the North Welsh Landmarks with Jim and another British National Park at Snowdonia. On the Sunday after a nice late breakfast at Morrisons in Welshpool, I bade farewell to my fellow riders and made for the South West of Wales for another LM and BNPR run on the way home. This made for another full but enjoyable day and meant that I completed all the Welsh landmarks for this year. Back to earth with a bump though because having covered 90,000 miles, my bike now needed a cam belt change. The parts were ordered and fitted and it just now remains for me to clean the bike and get back out there at the earliest opportunity to wear out my tyres.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just stumbled across your blog while googling for clues on how to find the Tithing Stone in Beaconsfield - I'm also a rally entrant, and I've also been blogging my adventures - here's the latest instalment:

http://huskyteer.livejournal.com/330251.html

The gag order on publishing exactly what and where the landmarks actually are is a pain, isn't it? Just wait till the closing date when I post all the photos at once :)